| How to make Indian-style curry
How to prepare indian bread, rice, chutney:
How to make perfect rice
- Soak rice (Basmati if possible) in cold water for 10 – 20
- Rinse and drain
- Place drained rice into a large pan with approximately twice
the volume of cold water (boiling water to make faster). Add salt
- Bring to boil and simmer.
- Simmer for 6 – 8 minutes. Test rice after 6 minutes to
check if centre of grains have a good “al dente” bite
to them. If not, simmer for another 2 minutes. The rice SHOULD be
- Drain rice thoroughly and return to the pan and put the lid on.
Place heat on a very low setting. This will finish off the rice by
gentle steaming. Check rice after 4 – 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and leave to stand with lid on.
- Use a fork to separate and fluff up the rice grains.